Enter the 2020 thietkequancafe+Design Awards Now!Author:Lindsey Shook
The time has arrived to enter your latest and greatest projects to the annual thietkequancafe+Design Awards, presented by Pacific Sales Kitchen & Home. We invite all California-based design professionals to submit their most recent project or projects for consideration. One winner will be selected from each of the categories listed below.
Deadline for entry is Friday, November 29, 2019 at 5pm PST.
The winners will be featured in the Spring 2020 issue of our magazine and celebrated a in both San Francisco and Los Angeles.
• Sustainable Design
• Residential Interior Design
• Residential Architecture
• Landscape Design
• New Product Design
• Showcase House Design
• Kitchen Design
• Bath Design
• Restaurant Design
• Office Design
• Hotel Design
• Wine Country Residential Design
• Winery Design
• Emerging Designer
California-based professionals in the fields of interior design, architecture, landscape architecture, garden design and product design are eligible. To be considered, projects must be completed between Nov. 1, 2017 and Nov. 1, 2019 and must be submitted as whole-house projects only (excluding Product, Showcase House, Emerging and Kitchen or Bath Design categories). Projects that have previously been published in the print edition of thietkequancafe+Design are not eligible.
We offer designers the opportunity to submit their entry online. There are three steps to the process:
1. Complete a payment for your submission (one per project, per category) via the Paypal payment buttons below, and take note of the email address you used to make the payment for your submission.
2. Create Dropbox link to a master file containing the following items:
-A project brief that summarizes the project in 150 words or less. The brief must clearly state the single category you are entering in addition to your firm name and information.
-A list of all products and vendors used in the project.
-10-15 Low-resolution images of the project being submitted (JPEG files should be 100 dpi at 5 by 7 inches). Four images of a product, is sufficient.
-The right to publish all submitted photography, cleared in writing with the photographer(s) by the entrant.
-A confirmation of the $150 processing payment to thietkequancafe+Design (a screen grab of the confirmation page or a transaction ID number is fine).
3. Email the link with the file (one email per project, per category) containing these items to, using the same email address associated with the Paypal payment for your submission. The subject line must include the Firm or Designer Name, Awards Category Name and Project Name in order to be considered. Sample format: First Last, Landscape Design, Hilltop Home.
You will receive email confirmation within ten business days of submitting your entry. Emailed submissions that do not match up to a Paypal payment email address will be considered incomplete and will not be eligible for judging.
SUBMIT PAYMENT HERE:
Enter the submission amount of $150.00 and select “Buy Now”.
- All entries must be received by Friday, November 29, 2019 at 5 pm PST.
- We will confirm receipt of submission via email within ten business days.
- We will notify finalists in each category by December 20, 2019 and request high-resolution images or additional information as needed.
Out on the Town: Fall Kick-Off
thietkequancafe+Design hosts a fall kick-off celebration at Spruce On September 12, thietkequancafe+Design along with presenting partners Ferguson Kitchen, Bath…
- September 17, 2019
Design Matters: Knowing No Bounds
Tom di Maria shares how Creative Growth gives artists with disabilities a voice Creative Growth artists John Martin. Photography by Diana…
- September 17, 2019
Made Local: Painting the Town
Portola Paints & Glazes is making a splash with their custom colors crafted in the heart of L.A. Brothers and partners…
- September 16, 2019