Designer Crush: Wendy HaworthAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
Coco Chanel – she was incredibly independent, innovative and believed in timeless simplicity.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
Ah, so many but one film that comes to mind is I Am Love with Tilda Swinton, which features the Villa Necchi Campiglio in Milan that is just out of control gorgeous.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’ s personality before starting a project?
Lots of nosy questions about everything: where they’re from, what they do, where they like to vacation, their interests – It’s a complex equation.
4. What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
LED lighting – it’s getting better everyday and is such a great sustainable advancement.
5. How do you completely unwind?
A movie and popcorn at home with my boyfriend.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
7. What’ s the worst pre-designer job you’ ve ever had and why?
I worked as a phone sales person for a portrait photography “studio” cold calling people to seduce families to come in to have their portraits done. I lasted a day.
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
Our “house cocktail” is a modified Poloma that my boyfriend makes: Tequila, grapefruit soda over ice with salted rim and lime garnish.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
It’s a little of everything but here it goes:
10. Who is your designer crush?
11. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
12. First celebrity crush?
13. What’s your hidden talent?
Homemade loquat jam!
14. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
Night + Market Song in Silverlake.
15. SF or LA?
Oggetti presents a collection of large-scale photos captured in Joshua Tree by famed photographer Jesse Frohman Cholla Cactus, Joshua Tree, 2019.…
- June 14, 2019
L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele Brings a Slice of Italy to Hollywood
Whether you have Italian heritage on your side or just an extraordinarily strong predilection for pasta, the second you step inside…
- June 13, 2019
Raw, Fromental’s latest collection of wallcoverings, is bold and exuberant
Fromental, founded in London in 2005, is known for its breathtaking bespoke hand-painted and hand-embroidered wall-coverings. Utilizing the world’s finest artisans,…
- June 12, 2019