Designer Crush: Lara FishmanAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
My mom, as she is the wisest and kindest person I know. She makes me want to do better and demonstrates maternal unconditional love and guidance, always. She inspires me every day to do the same for my daughters. Professionally, I admire Andrée Putnam.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
Gone with the Wind, probably because I am southern.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
By spending time getting to know them; I like to insert subtle humor and see how they respond.
4. What new design elements are you excited to integrate into your work?
Artistic chain-link curtains with images by KriskaDECOR, I am currently using them on a project now. Auto paint to finish some of my millwork, resin, modern textile tapestries – large scale artwork.
5. How do you completely unwind?
Hot yoga, going to the beach with the family, movies, and taking long baths with just the right salts and candles.
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
I would be an architect or fashion designer.
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
Working in-house as a PR director for an international haircare company; cray cray people but it has helped me understand PR and marketing for my own business.
8. What’s your favorite recipe?
My favorite recipe is Gazpacho from my founding partner, Mili Lazcano. She’s from Madrid and it’s her family recipe.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Who is your designer crush?
Would you rather shop new or vintage?
First celebrity crush?
Henry Winkler, the Fonz.
What’s your hidden talent?
Stand-up comedy and karaoke.
Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
Nobu in Malibu.
SF or LA?
If I could choose, SF, but we live in LA.
The Container Store opens its first closet-focused location at The Grove. Once you’ve given your wardrobe the Marie Kondo treatment keeping…
- August 22, 2019
Wine Country Agenda: WALT Wines, Trefethen Now, Doug Aitken Install, Meet At La Calenda
The Pinot Option at WALT Wines New Tasting Room in Downtown Napa All WALT Wines photos by John Bedell Photography Across…
- August 19, 2019
Designer Crush: Mary Ann Schicketanz
Even after two-plus decades as an internationally practicing architect, Mary Ann Schicketanz retains the influence of her roots. The native Austrian…
- August 19, 2019