Designer Crush: Charles EdwardsAuthor:Michelle Konstantinovsky
1. Who is your biggest role model?
Windsor Smith, Michael S. Smith, and Jeffrey Alan Marks (JAM), and Mariette Gomez.
2. Which movie or play do you wish you could have designed the set for?
My Fair Lady.
3. What is the best way to gauge a client’s personality before starting a project?
How confident they are with what they want and what they dislike
4. What new design trends are you excited to integrate into your work?
5. How do you completely unwind?
6. If you hadn’t become a designer, which career would you have pursued?
7. What’s the worst pre-designer job you’ve ever had and why?
Working for a Christmas paper manufacturer and rolling up endless pieces of tissue paper in freezing conditions.
8. What’s your favorite dish?
Smoked salmon followed by roast pigeon breast.
9. Create your perfect playlist for us.
10. Would you rather shop new or vintage?
11. First celebrity crush
12. What’s your hidden talent?
Reasonable poker player.
13. Best restaurant in your area? Where is it?
Anything but English!
14. SF or LA?
The weather in San Francisco is quite similar to London…will always remind me of home.
The Container Store opens its first closet-focused location at The Grove. Once you’ve given your wardrobe the Marie Kondo treatment keeping…
- August 22, 2019
Wine Country Agenda: WALT Wines, Trefethen Now, Doug Aitken Install, Meet At La Calenda
The Pinot Option at WALT Wines New Tasting Room in Downtown Napa All WALT Wines photos by John Bedell Photography Across…
- August 19, 2019
Designer Crush: Mary Ann Schicketanz
Even after two-plus decades as an internationally practicing architect, Mary Ann Schicketanz retains the influence of her roots. The native Austrian…
- August 19, 2019